Suggestions, Comments and Complaints

If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the doctors or any of the staff working within this Practice, please let us know. We operate a practice complaints procedure as part of an NHS system for dealing with complaints. Our complaints system meets national criteria.

How to Complain

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time that they arise and with the person concerned. If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint we would like you to let us know as soon as possible, ideally within a matter of days or at the most a few weeks, this will enable us to establish what happened more easily. If it is not possible to do this, please let us have the detail of your complaint:

  • Within 6 months of the incident that caused the problem; or
  • Within 6 months of discovering that you have a problem, provided this is within 12 months of the incident.
    Complaints should be addressed to the Dawn Moore, Practice Manager or Dr Rowe.

You can also submit feedback to us using our Online Feedback Form.

What will we do?

We shall acknowledge your complaint within three working days and aim to have looked into your complaint within 10 working days from the date that you raised it with us. We shall then be in a position to offer you an explanation, or a meeting with the people involved. When we look into your compliant we shall aim to:

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong;
  • Make it possible for you to discuss this problem with those concerned, if you would like to;
  • Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate;
  • Identify what we can do to ensure this problem does not happen again.

Complaining on behalf of someone else

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of illness) of providing this.

Complaints advocates Healthwatch Central Bedfordshire

Capability House
Wrest Park
MK45 4HR

Independent advocacy services include:

  • POhWER– a charity that helps people to be involved in decisions being made about their care. POhWER’s support centre can be contacted via 0300 456 2370
  • Advocacy People– gives advocacy support. Call 0330 440 9000 for advice or text 80800 starting message with PEOPLE
  • Age UK– may have advocates in the area. Visit their website or call 0800 055 6112

Local councils can offer support in helping the complainant to find an advocacy service. Visit

Complaining to the Health Authority

From 1 July 2023 the way members of the public make a complaint about primary care services to the commissioner is changing. Rather than contacting NHS England, complaints will be made to directly to the local integrated care board (ICB). If your complaint is about primary care services such as GPs, dentists, opticians or pharmacy services, after the 1 July 2023, you should contact BLMK ICB.