Flu Clinics 2020
We are now booking for our flu clinics for those patients in the at risk groups ( All patients who are over 65 or under 65 and have asthma, diabetes, heart problems, breathing problems, renal diseaseor a BMI 40 or aboveor any other chronic illness, or are a carer for an elderly or disabled person or are currently pregnant).
We would like to reassure our patients that we put your safety first. This is why our clinics will be different than previous years as we are following government guidelines.
- Extremely vulnerable (previous shielding) patients will be offered early morning slots.
- One way system into and out of the surgery will be in place.
- Abiding by the 2 meter rule
- Markers will be on the floor for patients to stand and queue and more forward when called. You may be required to queue outside for a short period.
- Patients not to attend earlier than their appointment time to avoid unnecessary long queues and crowding.
- We ask patients not to attend the practice if they or a member of their family has any COVID symptoms such as fever, cough, loss of sense of taste or smell.
- Facing coverings to be worn please
- Please wear short sleeved easy to remove clothing to facilitate easy vaccination.
Please do not call the practice before 11:00 and please avoid Monday mornings, due to the high volume of phone calls.
- Saturday 19th September at Greensand Surgery. (Over 65s only)
- Saturday 3rd October at Greensand Surgery (Under 65s at risk) plus Children 2 and 3 years old, and at risk children over 12 years.
- Saturday 31st October at Greensand Surgery (Catch up Clinic for those unable to attend the above).
Once you have attended our flu clinic, please complete our Flu Clinic Survey.
If you have an online password, we would like to encourage you to book online. No other problem can be dealt with at this appointment time.
If you are housebound where possible can you please organise for a family member or friend to bring you to the surgery in their car for a pre-booked Practice Nurse appointment. This can be arranged during the week at a time suitable for you. The Nurse can vaccinate you in the car. If this is not possible then a sometime home visit will be organised later. Please call 01525 631390, Option 2.
On the 24th July the Government announced new eligible groups entitled to the flu jab, including 50-64 year olds. Greensand Surgery would like to advise our patients that 50-64 year olds will not be eligible for a flu vaccination until November/December subject to vaccine supply, as stated in the National flu letter dated 4th August 2020. This extension is being phased to allow us to prioritise those in at risk groups first.